Jobs at Moose Hill
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Adventure Camp Instructor Guide – Moose Hill
Spend your summer exploring beautiful sites throughout Massachusetts and beyond as you lead small groups of campers on day trips with Moose Hill Camp as your home base! You and your partner will develop and lead active lessons that teach campers ages 11 - 14 to appreciate nature and one another. Each one-week session has a different theme—aquatic life, conservation, watersheds, geology, and more. Hiking and natural history are a part of most sessions and some sessions include overnights and canoeing. Training includes nature study as well as teaching techniques. To discover more about our Adventure Day Trip program check out our summer camp brochure at Moose Hill Brochure, and discover more about us on our website, Moose Hill Camp!
- Applicants must be at least 20 years of age
- Have experience working with and enjoy being with pre-teens;
- Have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain;
- Preferred applicants have canoeing, camping and outdoor cooking experience;
- Must have ability to design and implement nature-based activities including group bonding games;
- Preferred applicants are studying or have a degree in a life science, education, or outdoor recreation;
- Current certification in CPR and first aid is required (training opportunity provided);
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have 3 years of driving experience;
- Must pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver’s).
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: $12.40-$13.00 per hour depending on experience. Training is provided at $12.00/ hour.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 42 hours plus any overnight hours. June 3-June 14 is Staff Training and all new staff are expected to attend this training. Camp runs from June 17 - August 23 with an option to work until August 30, 2019. Adventure Trips begin on July 1, but working the week of June 17 is possible.
Please email your resume and letter of interest to: