Wedding Ceremonies & Special Events
Thank you for your interest in holding your special event or wedding ceremony at Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary, which offers a seaside overlook with magnificent views of Barnstable Harbor and Sandy Neck.
We value our role of stewards of this special place above all other roles, and we are committed to sharing the experience with our guests in a variety of ways. To this end, we embrace the opportunity to provide an attractive and meaningful setting to those who understand and value our mission.
- We accept requests for no more than 10 private parties each year from those who wish to use this Sanctuary for their functions.
- While we are thrilled to host your ceremony, we are unable to host receptions or parties.
Ceremony and special event functions are available to Mass Audubon members. (Not a member? Join today!)
The "Rental Period" is defined as the agreed upon time when Long Pasture Staff will be present and the Visitors Center will be open to you and your guests.
The arrival of chairs, equipment, etc. must be scheduled at least one week in advance and must be delivered no more than two hours prior to the arranged rental period. Set-up and clean-up must only take place within the Rental Period.
- To secure your date, we require a signed rental agreement and a non-refundable deposit equal to half the total fee.
- The balance is due 30 days prior to the function.
Location & Capacity
The location for wedding ceremonies and outdoor special events is the lawn surrounding the Long Pasture House, a Cape Cod-style dwelling built in 1948 and formerly a private residence. There is a preparation room for the wedding party and a bathroom available for the event in the house as well.
- The maximum capacity for any function is 150 people
- Parking for approximately 100 cars is available
Parking is available on mowed sections of the adjacent field, approximately 400 feet from the house. Long Pasture staff is not responsible for vehicle parking.
2018 Season Rates
Special Events & Ceremonies
Charges are based on the event host’s estimation of number of guests. Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary reserves the right to increase charges in accordance to event attendance alteration.
There is a 3-hour maximum time limit for ceremonies.
- 16-50 people: $900
- 51-99 people: $1,400
- 100-150 people: $1,900
- An additional charge of $150 per half hour will be assessed if guests or equipment remain after the pre-arranged rental period.
- A $100 charge will be assessed if any trash or debris is left behind after the ceremony.
- A 20’x 40’ party tent can be made available on a limited basis for an additional fee of $150 for 3-hour rentals and $250 for rentals lasting more than 3 hours.
For cancellations up to 30 days in advance of the scheduled date, we will return the fee minus a $25.00 processing fee. Cancellations less than 30 days in advance of an event will result in the loss of the full rental fee.
We cannot return membership fees.
Please contact the sanctuary for more information on rates, amenities, and scheduling at 508-362-7475.
- Long Pasture encourages the use of ecologically friendly decorations, plates, utensils, and other party supplies.
- You're welcome to scatter flower seeds and/or bird seed.
The following items are prohibited during a wedding or ceremony:
- Food and alcoholic beverages
- Release of animals
- Helium balloons
- Sky lanterns