How You Can Help With Spadefoot Toads
Here are some ways that you can learn more and help preserve the spadefoot for generations to come:
- Get involved in certifying vernal pools.
- Report sightings of the species to the Massachusetts Natural Heritage and Endangered Species Program (Mass NHESP).
- Support the protection of wetlands from development.
- Educators: Create wetlands on your campus with us and incorporate Long Pasture’s Spadefoot Toad Project educational programming into your curriculum.
- Environmental Professionals: Attend the annual Wetlands Restoration Workshop that takes place each June.
For more information or to get involved, contact us.