Party & Function Rentals at Joppa Flats
Joppa Flats Education Center and Wildlife Sanctuary offers a two-story building situated on the river side of the Plum Island Turnpike, with spectacular views of the Merrimack River estuary.
During meeting breaks, guests may participate in indoor birding activities from the center’s windows, enjoy river and marsh views from the waterfront yard, or investigate the butterfly garden.
The Juliet Kellogg French room is a large, sunny hall that can be divided into two smaller rooms. Also available is a second-floor bird blind with an adjoining outdoor deck.
The yard behind the building, with its sweeping vista of the salt marsh and river, can accommodate outdoor events as well.
Types of Functions
Meetings, celebrations, presentations
- Juliet Kellogg French Room: (26 x 30): 40 people at tables or 60 in a lecture setup
- Bird Blind (12 x 24) and Deck (10 x 25): 15 people
- Riverside Meadow: 40 x 80 tent (must be rented), 60 people at tables
Single Space/Shared Use (while center is open to public): $100/hour
Building and Grounds/Exclusive Use (while center is closed to public): $175/hour
Rates for nonprofit and educational organizations are negotiable.
A nonrefundable deposit of $100 is required by all applicants to reserve a date.
Payment of balance due must be made two weeks prior to the rental date.
A refundable Security/Overtime Deposit of $200 may be required.
Onsite parking available. Events with more than 30 cars require parking staff at additional $25/hour.
Onsite A/V Equipment
None available to renters
Arrangements can be made for a group tour of Plum Island or an educational program on natural history topics.
- No smoking inside or outside the building.
- If alcohol is to be served, a caterer or bartending service with appropriate insurance must be hired.
- All activities must be compatible with Joppa Flats visitor service mission.
- All activity is restricted to the scheduled room(s).
- Responsibility for setup and cleanup lies solely with the renter(s).