Jobs at Ipswich River
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Art Education Counselor - Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary
Lead art activities and act as a counselor in a natural history day camp for children ages 7 to 11. The camp emphasizes group cooperation, nature study, and experiential learning. Develop art and photography lessons using field, forest, and wetland habitats on a wildlife sanctuary.
- Education: B.A. or B.S. in early childhood education or related education degree with appropriate work experience
- Experience in leading art activities and translating them into a camp setting
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently
- Interest in and understanding of children, and a desire to share outdoor experiences with them
- American Red Cross First Aid and Community CPR Certification
- Successful candidates must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI)
Compensation and Benefits
Salary starting at $13.00/hour
Schedule: Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. –4:00 p.m., August 5–23, 2019.
How to Apply
Send cover letter, résumé, and three references to:
Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary
87 Perkins Row
Topsfield, MA 01983