Jobs at Ipswich River
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Teen Travel Counselor - Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary
Lead nature activities and act as a counselor and mentor in a natural history day camp for teens ages 12 to 14. The camps emphasize group cooperation, nature study, and experiential learning. Instructors conduct field trips to a variety of locations in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- Education: B.A. or B.S. in education or related degree with appropriate work experience
- Experience in leading natural history activities relating to local environments in a camp setting
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently
- Interest in and understanding of children, and a desire to share outdoor experiences with them
- American Red Cross First Aid and Community CPR Certification
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a minivan
- Successful candidates must pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver's)
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: Starting at $14.00/hr
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., July 15–26, 2019.
How to Apply
Send cover letter, résumé, and three references to:
Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary
87 Perkins Row
Topsfield, MA, 01983