Jobs at Ipswich River
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Canoe Activities Counselor - Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary
Lead canoe trips on the Ipswich River and act as a counselor in a natural history day camp for children ages 7 to 11. The camp emphasizes group cooperation, nature study, and experiential learning.
- At least 20 years of age.
- Interest in and understanding of children, and a desire to share experiences with them.
- Ability to follow direction and work in a team atmosphere.
- Canoe experience, ability to teach paddling skills and lift canoes on and off of a canoe rack.
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR.
- Certification in Basic Water Rescue and Small Craft Safety-Canoe. (Training provided)
- Successful candidates must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI)
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: Starting at $13.00/hr
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., June 17–August 16, 2019.
How to Apply
Send cover letter, résumé, and three references to:
Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary
87 Perkins Row
Topsfield, MA, 01983