Jobs at Ipswich River
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Pre & K Education Counselor - Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary
Lead nature activities and act as a counselor in a natural history day camp for children ages 4 to 6. The program combines crafts and games with sensory awareness activities, simple investigation, and firsthand observation of plant and animal life on a wildlife sanctuary.
- Education: B.A. or B.S. in early childhood education with appropriate work experience. Students studying early childhood education who have camp experience will also be considered
- Experience in leading nature activities relating to local environments in a camp setting
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently
- Interest in and understanding of children, and a desire to share experiences with them
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR
- Successful candidates will need to pass a background records check (CORI and SORI)
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of pay: Starting at $13.00/hr
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., June 17–August 23, 2019.
How to Apply
Send cover letter, résumé, and three references to:
Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary
87 Perkins Row
Topsfield, MA, 01983