Jobs at Ipswich River
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Education Counselor - Ipswich River
Lead nature activities and act as a counselor in a natural history day camp for children ages 7 to 11. The camp emphasizes group cooperation, nature study, and experiential learning. Each instructor develops his/her own lessons using field, forest, and wetland habitats on a wildlife sanctuary. Special activities include hiking uneven trails and canoeing the Ipswich River.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Education: B.A. or B.S. in education or related degree with appropriate work experience. Students studying education who have camp experience will be considered.
- Experience in leading natural history activities relating to local environments in a camp setting.
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a minivan.
- Ability to paddle a canoe and lift canoes on and off of a canoe rack.
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR.
- Successful candidate will must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI)
Compensation and Benefits
Salary starting at $13.75/hour
Schedule: Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m., June 15–August 14, 2020
How to Apply
Send cover letter, résumé, and three references to:
Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary
87 Perkins Row
Topsfield, MA, 01983