Innermost House Cabin Rental
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Ipswich River has suspended all camping and cabin rentals at the sanctuary until further notice.
The Innermost House is a small rustic cabin located on the Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary. The house is located down a short trail from the sanctuary’s Visitor Center. Once the property gates have closed in the evening, you will have the entire sanctuary to yourself!
The cabin has only one room (9' x 16') with a cot and one bunk bed (upper and lower bunks), a wood-burning stove, and a small table with two chairs. We provide firewood. Restrooms are located nearby.
All this makes for a pioneer-like experience at night. Under complete darkness perfect for gazing at the starry sky, you can listen to the sounds of wildlife around the cabin, drink in the peaceful solitude of nature, and drain yourself of then tensions of urban life.
The cabin is available for rental year-round to Mass Audubon members only. Contact us to inquire about specific dates.
- September through June, the cabin can be rented Tuesday through Saturday nights (also Sunday and Monday nights of Monday holiday weekends).
- From late June through late August, the cabin is available for rental every day.
Full payment must accompany the reservation form. Phone reservations may be taken with Visa, MasterCard or Discover. The rental fee will not be returned if cancellation notice is not received from the renter at least 7 days prior to the reservation date.
4 people (3 adults)
You may check in any time after 2:00 pm, but before the office closes (at 4:00 pm) on your reservation date. Check-out time is 11:00 am on the last morning of your stay.
3 beds (1 bunk bed, 1 cot), table with 2 chairs, wood stove, firewood, picnic table.
What to Bring
- For safety reasons, renters must not use propane, oil, or open flames of any kind inside the cabin. Cooking must be done outside.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- Unloading of vehicles and overnight parking of vehicles is allowed in the parking lot only. (You may not drive to the cabin.)