Innermost Cabin Rental Information
87 Perkins Row
The Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary’s Innermost Cabin is available for rent to current Mass Audubon members. We can process or renew membership at the time of booking. Rentals are available Friday and/or Saturday nights throughout the calendar year.
This rustic cabin, (approximately 9’ X 16’) was built 1915 and has no electricity or running water. It is located at the edge of the woods off our Innermost Trail, approximately 100 ft from the parking area.
The rental fee is $65 per night. Full payment must be received to complete reservation. Phone reservations can be accepted with Visa, Mastercard, or Discover. We reserve the right to rent the cabin based on Sanctuary availability and needs.
- (3) adults, or (2) adults and (2) children. There is additional room for a blow-up mattress on the floor.
- Access to our public restrooms which are located in the left wing of our Barn a few hundred feet away.
- Unloading of vehicles and parking is allowed in the Parking Lot ONLY. You may not drive to the cabin. We suggest parking in our lot by the dumpster for easy access.
The Innermost Cabin is equipped with the following:
- Single bed & bunkbed (upper and lower bunks)
- Small Table & 2 Chairs
- Wood burning stove (wood and kindling is provided)
- Picnic Table (outside)
Renters must provide:
- bedding (sheets, pillows, sleeping bags)
- battery operated light sources as there is no electricity in the cabin
- cooking equipment (Coleman stove or Hibachi, contained cooking OUTSIDE only); Pots, pans, eating utensils
- cooler and ice for food storage
- water and water jugs
Availability and Booking
At this time, The Innermost Cabin is available for overnight rental to Mass Audubon Members on Friday and Saturday nights. Please make sure your Mass Audubon Membership is valid through reservation date. To reserve the Innermost Cabin or check availability, please call our offices at (978) 887-9264.
Fire Safety & Cooking at the Innermost Cabin
Outside open fires and firepits are not permitted. We do not allow fire pits due to low hanging trees.
Renters must NOT use propane, oil, candles, or open flames of any kind inside the cabin. Campers must bring their own camp stove and cook outside on the porch. All cooking must be done outside.
Rules & Regulations
We ask all renters to use the cabin as a quiet retreat to connect with nature and to observe the following rules:
- Renter must be a Mass Audubon Member and be 18 years or older.
- No tents are permitted outside the cabin.
- Maximum of 3 adults, or 2 adults & 2 children are permitted to stay overnight in the cabin.
- No pets are permitted on the Sanctuary at any time.
- Vehicles must remain in Visitor Parking lot for unloading and overnight parking.
- Do not use candles, oil, propane, or any open flame of any kind inside of cabin. No smoking at the Cabin.
- Cooking must be done outside of the cabin on the front porch.
- Alcohol is not permitted. The cabin is not to be used for parties or events.
- Firearms and fireworks are not permitted.
Check-in time is at 2PM at our Visitor Center. Please arrive by 4PM, before we close our office. This is when you will get the keys to Cabin & Restrooms. If you are unable to make Check-in, please notify us in advance. Innermost Cabin is located close by our Buildings, on the Innermost Trail.
Check-out time is at 11AM. Please remove all trash & recycling—Carry In, Carry Out. Please return keys to Visitor Center.
In the event you need to cancel or change your reservation, please provide 7-days notice. If adequate notice is not given, the rental fee with be forfeited. No refunds can be offered. A re-schedule date is allowed if done with adequate notice 7 days prior to reservation. Rentals on holidays cannot be rescheduled.
We reserve the right to cancel any reservation due to severe weather or unexpected issues on Sanctuary. A Full refund will be issued if this occurs.