Canoe Rentals at Ipswich River
Canoes are available for rental May 1 through October 31 to Mass Audubon members on a first-come, first-served basis. Canoes cannot be reserved; but you may call ahead to check on availability. We provide paddles, PFDs, and a key to unlock the canoe at the canoe landing on the river. The canoe landing is approximately a 10-minute walk from the Visitor Center.
Canoes may be rented for $10/hour (two hour minimum)
Tuesday through Friday, canoes may be rented from 9:00 am–1:30 pm and must be returned by 3:30 pm.
Weekends and Monday holidays, canoes may be rented from 9:00 am–2:30 pm and must be returned by 4:30 pm.
Rules & Restrictions
- Mass Audubon members may rent up to two canoes.
- Member must be at least 18 years old.
- Canoes can accommodate up to 3 people.
- Personal flotation devices (PFDs) must be worn while in Mass Audubon canoes.
- The canoes can be used only in the Ipswich River within sanctuary boundaries.