Habitat Nature Day Camp | Registration Information
Due to the enthusiastic interest in our community, all camp spaces are filled through an online lottery system.
Here is how our lottery registration process works:
1. Sign up for the online lottery any time between January 3–17, 2022, by completing the Registration Interest Form. There is no cost to register for the lottery, and you do not need a current membership to enter. If you receive a spot in camp, you will be asked to pay the nonrefundable deposit within two weeks of receiving the confirmation email. Likewise, if you need to purchase or renew a membership, that can be added once you receive a space.
2. Choose your programs in order of preference. We strongly recommend that you include second or third choices as it improves your chances of receiving a space in camp.
3. Choose your income tier. Habitat Nature Camp will be using sliding scale pricing for camp.
4. Once you have completed the transaction, you will receive an email confirmation. Please look over the confirmation and make sure that all the details are correct. If there is an error, please contact the Camp Director.
5. On January 18, our staff will randomly assign a number to each lottery entry and then start processing them in numerical order. The numbers will be assigned to the transaction, so please register all of your children in the same transaction to ensure they are processed at the same time. Please only register children who live in the same household in the same transaction. Please only enter the lottery once for each child.
If your child receives a spot in camp, a confirmation email will be sent once your camper’s registration has been processed. You will be required to pay the deposit within 14 days of receiving the registration confirmation. Directions for making payments will be included on the registration confirmation.
Under the sliding scale model, every family will register for camp at a tuition rate based on their annual gross income. At registration, you will have the opportunity to select the pricing that best fits your family’s gross income bracket. You will be asked to upload income verification documentation (tax return, W-2, etc.) at a later time if you selected Tiers 1–4. Registrants at Tier 5 are not required to provide income verification.
If you receive a spot in camp through the lottery, you will be asked to pay the nonrefundable deposit within two weeks of receiving the confirmation email. The final balance and all paperwork are due by May 2, 2022. If cost is still a barrier under the sliding scale structure, other financial assistance is available from our Kids to Camp Fund.
A nonrefundable deposit is required to register for camp as follows:
- 1-Week Sessions: $50/camper/session
- 2-Week Sessions: $100/camper/session
The deposit will be applied to your camp tuition and cannot be transferred to another camper, family, or camp location. If registering after May 2, payment in full is required (unless a payment plan has been established with the Camp Director).
A full refund, minus the non-refundable deposit, is provided to camp families who cancel in writing on or before May 2. After May 2 no refunds are available. Deposits are not transferable, and refunds are not given for participant dismissal, failure to attend, absence, or sick days. If we must cancel a session, you will receive a full refund.
We require that all campers be members of Mass Audubon at the Family level or higher. Upon receiving a spot in camp, if you are not already a member or if your membership has expired, the $70 family membership fee will be added to your camp balance. To view all of the benefits that come with membership beyond summer camp, learn more about membership.
Payment plan options are available. Please contact the Camp Director for more information.
We believe connection with the natural world should be available to all. If finances are getting in the way of a summer at Habitat Nature Camp, assistance is available based on demonstrated financial need and available funds. Aid is limited to one session per child; however, all applications are considered and will be accepted on a rolling basis. Download an application >
All health forms and waivers, as well as the balance of your camp tuition, are due by May 2. If registering after May 2, payment in full is required and a specific camp form deadline will be set for you. A camper cannot attend camp and their spot is not guaranteed until all forms, waivers, and payments are completed (or a payment plan has been established).
A fee of $25 per camper will be charged for incomplete or late forms and payment.
Campers are expected to be able to follow all COVID-19 safety protocols, to be determined by the start of camp based on the latest guidelines from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. Visit massaudubon.org/camps for the latest information about COVID-19 safety at Mass Audubon Camps.
All campers must follow stated behavior expectations and safety rules. To ensure a successful camp experience, please discuss any pertinent information regarding your child’s needs with the Camp Director. We strive to make camp a great experience for all, and we can accommodate on a case-by-case basis.
The Camp Director reserves the right to dismiss a camper when, in their judgment, the camper’s behavior interferes with the rights of others or violates the camp’s safety and behavior policies. In such cases no refunds will be provided. If you have any questions regarding your child’s ability to participate in our camp program, please contact the Camp Director.
Our camp complies with the regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (105 CMR 430) and is licensed by the Belmont Board of Health.
We are proud to be accredited by the American Camp Association. Developed exclusively for the camp industry, this nationally recognized program focuses on program quality, health and safety, management, and camp operations.
Camp Policy Requests
You may request copies of our background check, healthcare, discipline, bullying, and grievance policies at any time. Request copies of our policies >
One buddy request per camper will be honored when possible. Both campers must be the same age and both must request each other. All buddy requests must be made in writing at least two weeks prior to the first day of your camper's session. Please indicate on your registration form if you would like your camper to be placed with a friend of the same age.
All campers will receive a Habitat Nature Day Camp t-shirt. Please select your child’s size on the registration form. Shirts run small, so you may want to order a size larger.