Adult Group Programs at Habitat
Just six miles from downtown Boston, this 88-acre oasis is a haven for wildlife. The wildlife sanctuary contains woodlands, meadows, ponds, vernal pools, and gardens.
Habitat offers a variety of learning opportunities for garden clubs, seniors, and members of other organizations. Program offerings include:
- Outreach programs on plants, wildlife, and the environment.
- Guided walks through the sanctuary and the formal gardens.
- Birding programs (lectures and field trips) include Important Bird Area walks, Nighthawk Watch, and Introduction to Shorebirds.
- Evening Wildflower Rambles
- Wednesday Morning Walks during which everything from composting and stone walls to water insects and slime molds are featured.
- Summer Evening Mushroom Walks,
- Cross-Country Skiing,
- Woods in Winter Walks,
- Winter Plant ID
Habitat also features monthly art shows in the our gallery.