Celebrate your birthday at Habitat!
Habitat Education Center in Belmont offers fun, nature-inspired indoor and outdoor birthday parties from September to May for children turning ages 6–10.
Our experienced staff will lead the children in a 90-minute program, which always includes some time outside. After some exploring, your guests will return to the library where you may serve cake and refreshments.
A Mass Audubon membership and $50 deposit is required to book a party. If you’re not yet a member, you can join when booking the party.
Parties can take place September through May on:
- Weekday afternoons from 3:30–5:30 pm ($275)
- Weekends from 10:00 am–noon or 2:00–4:00 pm ($325)
Maximum of 15 children per party. We also ask that two adult chaperones attend as well.
→ Parties must be booked at least three weeks in advance.
No piñatas, please.
We offer a variety of nature-based themes to make your party unique! Pre-registration is required for all programs.
- The Meadow (September–October): Discover the meadow with sweep nets to find insects and their cousins.
- The Forest (October–November): Why do leaves change colors? Investigate the forest from top to bottom.
- Harvest Celebration (October–November): Enjoy the fruits of the season within Habitat's garden.
- Getting Ready for Winter (October–December): How are animals preparing for winter? Build a mouse house.
- Water Wonders (April–May): Explore Habitat's ponds with nets. Who will we find swimming around?
- Happy Bird-Day (April–May): Celebrate birds by making nests from natural materials.
- Garden Party (May): Visit Habitat’s gardens and start one of your own to take home.
- Animal Detectives (January–March): Look for signs that animals are out and about in the winter.
- Maple Sugaring (February–March): Learn about maple trees and maple syrup. Taste some maple sugar.
- Bubble-ology: Discover the principles of water by creating wicked large bubbles.
- Survival Skills: Learn how to survive in nature. Track animals, purify water and build shelters to stay warm.
- Predator/Prey: Play games to find out if you are sly like a fox or fast like a rabbit.
- Reptiles & Amphibians: Visit Habitat’s resident animals to learn about these cold-blooded creatures.
- Science Wonders: Make rockets to launch and slime to take home.
- Trail Blazers: Create a quest using sticks and arrows for your friends to follow while exploring the trails.