Amity Shark Race Rules & Regulations
This event is sponsored by Felix Neck Wildlife Sanctuary and will take place at Felix Neck in Edgartown, MA, on August 29, 2021.
Please note that "shark adoptions" are not considered donations and are therefore, by law, not tax deductible.
- Once the sharks are launched they are on their own, except that the race committee reserves the right to free them if caught on the banks or other impediments.
- Winners will be identified by the number marked on the sharks that cross the finish line first. Each numbered shark is randomly assigned to an entry in the race.
- Decisions of the judges stationed at the finish line will be final. Mass Audubon employees and members of the Felix Neck Amity Shark Race Committee will not be eligible to win.
- Winners will be announced on the Felix Neck Facebook page the day after the race; they will also be notified by telephone, email, or U.S. mail with redemption certificates enclosed. Winners will be instructed on method of claiming prize but such claim is the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Winners should redeem prizes within one year unless otherwise specified.
- It is not necessary for "sponsors" of winning sharks to attend the race event to claim prizes.
- Names of winners will be published on the Mass Audubon website and in local newspapers following the date of the race.
- Any prize, other than the Grand Prize, may be transferred to a person or persons of the prize winner's choice. Grand Prize may not be sold, transferred, or assigned. Any tax liability that might be incurred as a result of winning any prize is the responsibility of the prize winner.
- All arrangements required for prizes won will be made by an agent or agents of Felix Neck Wildlife Sanctuary.
- There will be no cash equivalent prizes in lieu of designated prizes.
- The race is being supervised by Mass Audubon's Felix Neck Wildlife Sanctuary and is for the sole benefit of supporting the sanctuary and its programs.