Amity Shark Race Rules & Regulations
This event is sponsored by Felix Neck Wildlife Sanctuary and will take place at Little Bridge in Oak Bluffs, MA, on August 29, 2021.
- Once the sharks are launched they are on their own, except that the race committee reserves the right to free them if caught on the banks or other impediments.
- Winner will be identified by the number marked on the shark that cross the finish line first. Each numbered shark is randomly assigned to an entry in the race.
- Decisions of the judges stationed at the finish line will be final. Mass Audubon employees and members of the Felix Neck Amity Shark Race Committee will not be eligible to win.
- Winner will be announced on the Felix Neck Facebook page the day after the race; they will also be notified by telephone, email, or U.S. mail. Winner will be instructed on method of claiming the Shark Fin Trophy but such claim is the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- It is not necessary for the "sponsor" of the winning shark to attend the race event to claim their prize.
- Name of winner will be published on the Mass Audubon website and in local newspapers following the date of the race.
- There will be no cash equivalent prizes in lieu of designated prize.
- The race is being supervised by Mass Audubon's Felix Neck Wildlife Sanctuary and is for the sole benefit of supporting the sanctuary and its programs.