Endicott Wildlife Sanctuary is home to the Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary Nature Preschool and serves as a base for several of Mass Audubon’s staff and program activities, including the Salt Marsh Science Project.
The sanctuary has a short walking trail through mature mixed forest with views over a wet meadow.
→ Due to the preschool program, please enter the building by appointment only. ←
346 Grapevine Road Wenham, MA
Get directions or contact us >
Trails: Open daily, dawn to dusk
Free, donations appreciated
Details & map >
- The Ipswich River Nature Preschool, which offers programs for ages 3-5 in nature-based emergent curriculum, creative classrooms, outdoor play areas, and gardens.
- Towering hardwoods and conifers growing along rugged ravines.
- Wet meadow habitat hosting a high diversity of native grasses and sedges.
- Historic roots; the property was once owned by descendants of John Endicott, first colonial Governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony.
- A raised bed vegetable garden and nature play area for children in the Nature Preschool program