About Eastern Point
What Eastern Point lacks in space it more than makes up for in views and wildlife!
Located on a peninsula near the historic Eastern Point Lighthouse, the small sanctuary is a hotspot for butterflies and seabirds at particular times of the year. Look no further than the parking lot for unsurpassed coastal seascape.
Eastern Point Boulevard (private way), Gloucester, MA
Get directions or contact us >
- Trails: Open every day, dawn to dusk
- Parking Lot: Gated lot open daily, 8 am-8 pm
Nonmembers: $10 per car from Memorial Day–Indigenous Peoples' Day (cash only) → please have exact change ←
- If you are planning to bring a large group (10+ visitors), please call our office ahead to discuss availability: 978-887-9264.
- Fees: $35 per 10-12 person passenger van. $70 per school bus.
As a way to give even more people access to nature and to thank active military for their service, we are proud to offer:
EBT Participants: Free for up to 4 people when you show your EBT card
ConnectorCare Card to Culture Participants: Free for up to 4 people when you show your ConnectorCare card
Wonderfund Access: Free for up to 4 people when you show your Wonderfund card
Active-Duty Military: Free for up to 5 people with a valid military ID card
→ For your safety and to avoid conflicts with wildlife, please follow our sanctuary guidelines during your visit.
NOTE: Lot is not plowed in winter
- Short loop trail through deciduous forest—trailhead entrance is across from a cul-de-sac named Aileen Terrace (trails may be wet in spring).
- Groups of migrating monarchs can sometimes be seen resting in the trees in September.
- Seasonal walks and programs conducted through Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary.