About Eastern Point
What Eastern Point lacks in space it more than makes up for in views and wildlife.
Located on a peninsula near the historic Eastern Point Lighthouse, the small sanctuary is a hot spot for butterflies and seabirds at particular times of the year. Look no further than the parking lot for unsurpassed coastal seascape!
Eastern Point Boulevard (private way), Gloucester, MA
Get Directions >
Managed by Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary
- Trails: Open every day, dawn to dusk
- Parking: Gated lot open daily, 8 am-8 pm
Nonmembers: $10 per car (Memorial Day-Columbus Day) → please have exact change ←
EBT Participants: Free for up to 4 people when you show your EBT card
ConnectorCare Card to Culture Participants: Free for up to 4 people when you show your ConnectorCare card
Active-Duty Military: Free for up to 5 people with a valid military ID card
Parking (not plowed in winter)
- Short loop trail through deciduous forest (note that trails may be wet in the spring). The entrance is across from a cul-de-sac named Aileen Terrace.
- Grouping of migrating monarchs sometimes seen resting in the trees in September.
- Seasonal walks and programs conducted through Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary.