Volunteer Opportunities at Drumlin Farm
Drumlin Farm offers a variety of exciting volunteer opportunities and internships for people of all interests and experience levels. Volunteers are valued members of the Mass Audubon team and provide an important link to our local communities. Whether you have a lifetime interest in nature or are just getting started, Drumlin Farm has a place for you.
Contact us if you have questions about our current listings or want to inquire about other opportunities.
Looking for more ways to help? Check out our full list of volunteer opportunities around the state.
Wildlife Care Volunteer - Drumlin Farm
Would you like to assist our Wildlife Care staff with the general care and maintenance of a collection of native, non-releasable wildlife? We are looking for dedicated volunteers to help us in the daily routine of cleaning / maintaining enclosures, and feeding select mammals and bird residents of Drumlin Farm.
We are looking for dedicated volunteers to help us in the daily routine of cleaning / maintaining enclosures, and feeding select mammals and bird residents of Drumlin Farm.
- Qualified candidates should have an interest in gaining knowledge of animals and their care.
- Individuals must be able to walk on uneven terrain.
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work on their feet for hours at a time, and have the ability to bend, squat, crouch and kneel while cleaning all types of indoor and outdoor enclosures.
- Individuals must be age 18 years or older.
- Successful completion of background screening (CORI and SORI)
Commitment: A minimum of one 4 hour morning (8:30-12:00) session a week (year-round); minimum of 6 months commitment required. Currently we have positions available for all but Wednesday mornings.
How to Apply
Send a brief resume detailing experience working with, or contact with, animals to:
Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary
208 South Great Rd
Lincoln, MA 01773