Jobs at Drumlin Farm
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Livestock Farm Hand - Drumlin Farm (Part Time)
The livestock farmhand works with a variety of farm animals from chickens to goats to cows, pigs and sheep. Drumlin Farm is a working farm visited by school children and families alike.
- Daily care of the livestock – Feeding and cleaning
- Health maintenance and care of livestock including: diet /feeding programs and ordering feed, veterinary care, de-worming schedule, vaccine program, animal medication inventory, emergency care
- Assist in birthing of all livestock
- Help manage value added products: soap, wool, meat, eggs
- Assist in hay production
- Assist in pasture management and manure management
- Assist in the training of camp counselors and teacher naturalists
- Supervise volunteers, school groups and camp groups
- Assist in communications with on-site educational staff
- Act as farm interpreter/educator
- Assist in barn and facilities maintenance: Fencing, pens, livestock equipment
- Supervise livestock operation during temporary absence of livestock manager
- At least 2 years of livestock care experience with a strong knowledge of livestock operations
- Must have the ability to communicate easily with staff and public and able to work independently and cooperatively
- Physical capacity to lift 50lbs, climb ladders, and walk or run on the property
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Have a basic knowledge of carpentry skills
- Maintain CPR and First Aid certification
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver's)
Compensation and Benefits
Pay range is $12.00 -13.00 depending on experience.
Part time position, 18 hours/week including one weekend day.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to: