Get Your Summer CSA Share at the BNC
→ CSA is open & early bird prices extended ←
You can still register for a 2020 Summer CSA share! Boston Nature Center is once again teaming up with Moose Hill, our sister wildlife sanctuary in Sharon, to offer Mass Audubon members the opportunity to get approximately 18 weeks of fresh, organic vegetables.
With weekly pick-ups at the BNC on Friday afternoons, summer just couldn’t be any sweeter!
Moose Hill Wildlife Sanctuary partners with Ward's Berry Farm to grow certified organic produce on 17 acres of sustainably farmed land. Moose Hill oversees the management, harvesting, and distribution of the crops, and also maintains the organic standards for annual certification.
Please Note: We're actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation. Should it extend into the CSA season, we will make changes to our pick-up process that ensure the safety and health of our shareholders and staff.
How It Works
→ Season runs May 29–October 2 ←
Please note that all shareholders must be Mass Audubon members. Not a member? Join today!
- Choose the type of share you'd like—a Farm Share or a Work Share (see below).
- Come to pick-up at the BNC each week on Fridays from 3:30-6:30 pm.
- Fill your own bags from a set list of freshly-harvested crops at your weekly distribution.
- Receive weekly emails with updates on what you'll receive at the next pick-up along with storage tips, recipes, and stories about our farmers and farming practices.
Types of Shares
$515 Early Bird (extended through entire season)
Receive fresh, organic vegetables every week and enjoy a chance to connect with other shareholders at pick-up—no work hours required. Register online >
$440 Early Bird (extended through entire season)
Save $75 on the cost of your share in exchange for committing 8 hours of your time—over the full 18-week season—to either harvesting/weeding at The Farm in Sharon or helping at CSA pick-up at the BNC. Register online >
$90/dozen for 18 weeks • $45/half dozen for 18 weeks
Add eggs from Chip-In Farm to your weekly pick-up! Pay the add-on fee just once, and you'll receive either a dozen or half-dozen eggs every week as part of your regular share. (Must have a Farm Share or Work Share to add this option.) Register by mail >
How to Register
- Online: Register for either the Farm Share or the Work Share.
- By Mail: Just print the registration form and mail it with payment to Moose Hill Wildlife Sanctuary (293 Moose Hill Parkway, Sharon, MA 02067).
Once you're registered, you'll receive an email confirmation from Mass Audubon. Please check that the information is correct, and be sure to read the enclosed PDF with additional information. If you have any questions, feel free to email Moose Hill.