We are monitoring the bird disease in the mid-Atlantic.
BNC trails are open; restrooms available; Nature Center closed—click for more info.
In 1894, the city-owned Boston Insane Hospital was relocated from South Boston to the farm formerly owned by Nelson Pierce, off Walk Hill Street. The hospital’s farm buildings were located about where the GRWECC is today, as shown in this 1905 Bromley atlas. Image courtesy of the Boston Atlas / Boston Redevelopment Authority.