BNC trails are open; playground, buildings, & restrooms closed.
In 1871, the “mowing & tillage” lot was sold by the Williams family to Forest Hills Cemetery, as indicated in this 1884 atlas by G.W. Bromley. The cemetery stripped topsoil from the property for use in landscaping and for covering graves. Map reproduction courtesy of the Norman B. Leventhal Map Center, Boston Public Library.