BNC trails are open; playground, buildings, & restrooms closed. See guidelines.
In the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries, this land was owned and farmed by Isaac Williams and his descendants. In this 1835 plan of the farm, the red star again indicates the approximate location of the GRWECC today—near the pathway on which the family would walk from their house by the “town road” (now Harvard Street), across the “mowing & tillage” lot to Canterbury Street, and from there to Forest Hills and Jamaica Plain. Courtesy Norfolk Registry of Deeds.