Jobs at Blue Hills
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
After Camp Educator
Assist Camp Educators in leading the After Camp program, with campers ranging in ages 5-10 at the Blue Hills Summer Camp located at the Norman Smith Education Center in the Blue Hills Reservation.
After Camp Educators assist in the development, planning, and implementation age-appropriate nature-based activities for after-care, including games and crafts, supervise the health and safety of campers, and communicate with camp staff and parents.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years of age and have an interest and general knowledge of natural history and/or education.
- Experience as a Blue Hills CIT is preferred, though not required.
- Must have previous experience working with and enjoy being with children;
- Have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain and be able to work both cooperatively and independently;
- Have a positive attitude, love of nature, and a willingness to learn.
- Current certification in Community CPR and First Aid or an equivalent current certification is required.
- Must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI) and a driver’s license check
Compensation and Benefits
Schedule: Training occurs June 8-12 and June 15-19. Camp runs Monday-Friday, June 22- August 21; Hours: 2:00pm to 6:00pm. Additional hours as a substitute camp counselor may be available.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 references to: