Jobs at Blue Hills
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Visitor Services Representative (Sunday only)
Mass Audubon’s Blue Hills Trailside Museum is the interpretive center for the Department of Conservation and Recreation’s 7,000-acre Blue Hills Reservation. Educational programs and exhibits focus on the local natural history of the Blue Hills and Massachusetts.
The Visitor Services Representative is responsible for welcoming visitors, orienting them to the site, assisting with their inquiries, promoting membership and programs, processing purchases, helping to maintain a clean and orderly gift shop and entrance area, light data entry and related tasks.
- Welcome and interact with visitors and callers cheerfully and courteously
- Promote the benefits of membership to all visitors and process registrations in a secure manner
- Inform guests of upcoming programs, e-newsletter and other ways to become involved
- Accurately process purchases and admissions with cash register
- Provide Blue Hills trail map interpretation and recommendations to the public
- Opening and closing procedures including register count down
- Perform light cleaning including dusting, glass cleaning and merchandise tidying
- Perform occasional data entry
- Pleasant and professional manner with the ability to work both cooperatively and independently
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused despite interruption and a busy environment
- Favorable completion of both the CORI and SORI
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to work with diverse audiences
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced, professional customer service role preferred
- Degree in a natural science or education is desirable
- Must successfully pass background screening (CORI/SORI)
This position only works on Sundays.
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume and three written references to:
No phone calls please