Jobs at Blue Hills
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Assistant Camp Director - Blue Hills
The Assistant Camp Director will support the Camp Director in the daily operations of camp and directly supervise the aftercare program from 3:00pm to 6:00pm as well as the overnight programs for the Explorers and Adventurers groups, located at the Norman Smith Education Center in the Blue Hills Reservation. The Assistant Camp Director will assist in many of the administrative aspects of camp, oversee the health and safety of campers, communicate with parents, assist in the supervision of camp staff and high-school aged volunteers and help camp staff with program planning and substitute teach when needed.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years old.
- Have at least two years of camp experience in a leadership role.
- At least two years of experience working with and enjoy being with children ages 5-14 years old, have an interest and general knowledge of natural history and/or education.
- Must have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain and be able to work both cooperatively and independently.
- Must be comfortable in a leadership role, have strong interpersonal skills, have an enthusiastic and positive attitude, a love of nature and have a willingness to learn.
- Applicants must also possess effective communication skills, both written and verbal, computer skills in areas such as word processing, spreadsheets, database entry and blogging and a strong commitment to high quality customer service.
- Current certification in Community CPR and First Aid or an equivalent current certification is required.
- Successful candidates must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI)
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: $14.00 - $16.00/hour depending on experience, housing available for $40/week.
Schedule: Training occurs June 8-12 and June 15-19. Camp runs Monday-Friday, June 22- August 21; Hours: 10:00am to 6:00pm with occasional morning hours as needed. The assistant director will also be the primary supervisor for on-site Thursday overnights during the summer.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 references to:
Blue Hills Trailside Museum
1904 Canton Ave
Milton, MA 02186