Sanctuary Guidelines for Allens Pond
For your safety and to avoid conflicts with wildlife, we ask that you please:
- Leave everything as you find it, and do not pick or collect items
- Leave berries, plants, seaweed, shells, and stones where they are to serve wildlife and naturally be recycled.
- Enjoy snacks or picnics in designated areas, and carry out all trash
- No swimming, sunbathing, or picnicking on the beach.
- Please stay within sanctuary boundaries and keep out of nesting areas.
- Remain on the trails at all times to protect plants, animals, and yourself
- Please no dogs or other pets allowed.
- Leave your bicycles and motorized vehicles in the parking lot.
- Refrain from fishing, hunting, or trapping
- Refrain from launching, operating, or retrieving drones or other remote-controlled aerial vehicles
- Do not smoke
Please stay on the trails for your safety, and the safety of wildlife. Poison ivy and ticks are common in Massachusetts, so be sure to wear proper footwear, learn how to identify each, and be on the lookout. Also bring plenty of water, especially during the summer.