Adult Group Programs at Allens Pond
Allens Pond offers group programs for adults that feature guided walks highlighting fauna and flora in diverse habitats such as shrublands, wetlands, and vernal pools with excursions to the Westport River.
With over 300 bird species recorded during migration, wintering, or nesting season, Allens Pond is also a great place to observe spectacular birdlife and salt marsh activity.
In addition, the sanctuary attracts birds of prey in all seasons including nesting Ospreys, migrant Bald Eagles, Short-eared Owls, Peregrine Falcons, and Northern Harriers.
Examples of Programs Offered
→ Guided walks highlighting fauna and flora in diverse habitats such as shrublands, wetlands, and vernal pools with excursions to the Westport River.
→ Slideshow presentations and/or nature walks on a variety of topics such as:
- The State of the Birds report
- Invasive plants, native plants, and/or butterfly gardens
- Grassland management and/or shrubland restoration
- South Coast Osprey Project
- Coastal Waterbird Program
- Cavity-nesting birds
- Birding walks
→ Custom programs about the nature topic of your choice!
Your group can also take part in an array of environmental volunteer opportunities, including:
- Shrubland restoration
- Invasive plant control
- Nest box & nest platform construction
- Gardening alongside experts in our Rain Garden, Butterfly Garden, and/or Children's Educational Garden