Weddings at Allens Pond
The following information pertains only to wedding ceremonies and wedding receptions. If you're interested in hosting a non-wedding event at Allens Pond such as a birthday celebration or corporate meeting, please review our rental information and pricing for meetings, parties, and retreats.
Please Note: The only venue approved for receptions is the Stone Barn Farm.
Receptions may not be hosted at any of our field sites.
1280 Horseneck Road, Westport, MA 02790
The Allens Pond Field Station offers agricultural fields, shoreside locations, and ample parking. Favored function sites include:
- North Field—located to the north of the Field Station, across from the Bayside Restaurant
- South Field—located to the south of the Field Station, close to the ocean
- Beach Access Field—located north of the Beach Access Road, accessible through a bar way between the trees
Both the north and south fields are large locations that permit the installation of one or more small, temporary structures and portable toilets.
Alternative Location: For smaller gatherings, an alternative location is the beach and ledge outcrop at the edge of Buzzards Bay. However, access to this site is challenging for some guests with mobility issues and inaccessible by vehicles. Parking can be made available on mowed sections of the adjacent fields as dictated by ground saturation and bird nesting.
Maximum 200 people
- Due to the timing of hay season, fields are only available from July 30–May 1.
- Fields are not available during the weekend in August that the annual Allens Pond Duck Derby takes place.
- The fields are also undesirable during wet months of the year.
The Allens Neck area of the sanctuary is accessible from Allens Neck Road and offers additional field locations and limited parking.
Maximum 40 people
- Sites at Allens Neck are limited to sections of grassland with seasonal determination.
- Please contact the Sanctuary for additional information and to schedule a site visit.
Stone Barn Farm
786 East Horseneck Road, Dartmouth, MA 02748
Stone Barn Farm includes the historic 150-year-old Stone Barn, a rare and beautiful parged fieldstone structure that offers three-season space for meetings, workshops, and functions with an unheated barn, access to a kitchen, restrooms, fields, and ample parking.
Recently restored, the open floor plan of polished wood readily can accommodate seating and tables for 50 people. With advance planning, up to 80 seated guests can be accommodated.
Camping at Stone Barn Farm
Occasionally, overnight tent camping may be considered at the Stone Barn for groups that are renting the facility or performing group volunteer projects on the site. Camping is free for groups performing volunteer work at Allens Pond. All volunteer work must be mutually-agreed upon by the sanctuary staff and the volunteer group prior to signing a contract.
- A separate camping agreement is required. All camping must be approved by the Sanctuary before contract signing.
- Campfires are strictly controlled and require prior arrangements.
- This venue respects quiet time from 9:00 pm–7:00 am.
- Pets, smoking, alcohol, illicit drugs and fires outside of single designated fire pit are strictly prohibited while camping.
- Camping allows for use of the restrooms at the Stone Barn.
- Use of the kitchen and barn facility are as negotiated and documented in a contract.
- There are no shower facilities.
Up to 50 people. With advance planning, up to 80 seated guests can be accommodated—advance arrangements must be made that may include an event tent and portable toilets.
Please contact the Sanctuary for additional information and to schedule a site visit.
Rates & Fees
The following information applies to rental of the Field Station, Allens Neck, and the Stone Barn. You must be a Mass Audubon member to rent any facility at Allens Pond. Not a member? Join today!
Please ensure that you've reviewed all of our policies and requirements before contacting us about scheduling your event.
Wedding Ceremony Only
- $2,000 (five hours of site access)
Nature-based wedding ceremony only, at selected outdoor location or Stone Barn Farm. Rate includes mowing, parking, and nature engagement activity.
Wedding Ceremony & Reception
Please note that Allens Pond can only host a maximum of four nature-based weddings with receptions per year.
- Dartmouth residents—$2,000 (eight hours of site access)
- All others—$3,500 (eight hours of site access)
Rate includes use of either an outdoor location or Stone Barn Farm for the ceremony. Reception must be held at Stone Barn Farm—no field receptions.