Meetings & Other Events
We are currently unable to rent space to individuals or groups for parties, weddings, or other functions until further notice. You are still welcome to meet up with family and friends to explore the sanctuary whenever we are open to the public. Please be sure to check the latest visitor updates before making your plans.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as all of us adapt to changing conditions and health safety guidelines.
→ The following information pertains to non-wedding and non-birthday party events such as baby showers, garden parties, business meetings, corporate retreats, etc. ←
- If you're interested in hosting a wedding ceremony and/or reception at Allens Pond, please review our rental information and pricing for weddings.
- If you would like to host your child's birthday party with us, please review our information and pricing for birthday parties.
1280 Horseneck Road, Westport, MA 02790
The Allens Pond Field Station offers agricultural fields, shoreside locations, and ample parking. Favored function sites include:
- North Field—located to the north of the Field Station, across from the Bayside Restaurant
- South Field—located to the south of the Field Station, close to the ocean
- Beach Access Field—located north of the Beach Access Road, accessible through a bar way between the trees
Both the north and south fields are large locations that permit the installation of one or more small, temporary structures and portable toilets.
Alternative Location: For smaller gatherings, an alternative location is the beach and ledge outcrop at the edge of Buzzards Bay. However, access to this site is challenging for some guests with mobility issues and inaccessible by vehicles. Parking can be made available on mowed sections of the adjacent fields as dictated by ground saturation and bird nesting.
Maximum 200 people
- Due to the timing of hay season, fields are only available from July 30–May 1.
- Fields are not available during the weekend in August that the annual Allens Pond Duck Derby takes place.
- The fields are also undesirable during wet months of the year.
The Allens Neck area of the sanctuary is accessible from Allens Neck Road and offers additional field locations and limited parking.
Maximum 40 people
- Sites at Allens Neck are limited to sections of grassland with seasonal determination.
- Please contact the Sanctuary for additional information and to schedule a site visit.
Stone Barn Farm
786 East Horseneck Road, Dartmouth, MA 02748
Stone Barn Farm includes the historic 150-year-old Stone Barn, a rare and beautiful parged fieldstone structure that offers three-season space for meetings, workshops, and functions with an unheated barn, access to a kitchen, restrooms, fields, and ample parking.
Recently restored, the open floor plan of polished wood readily can accommodate seating and tables for 50 people. With advance planning, up to 80 seated guests can be accommodated.
Camping at Stone Barn Farm
Occasionally, overnight tent camping may be considered at the Stone Barn for groups that are renting the facility or performing group volunteer projects on the site. Camping is free for groups performing volunteer work at Allens Pond. All volunteer work must be mutually-agreed upon by the sanctuary staff and the volunteer group prior to signing a contract.
- A separate camping agreement is required. All camping must be approved by the Sanctuary before contract signing.
- Campfires are strictly controlled and require prior arrangements.
- This venue respects quiet time from 9:00 pm–7:00 am.
- Pets, smoking, alcohol, illicit drugs and fires outside of single designated fire pit are strictly prohibited while camping.
- Camping allows for use of the restrooms at the Stone Barn.
- Use of the kitchen and barn facility are as negotiated and documented in a contract.
- There are no shower facilities.
Up to 50 people. With advance planning, up to 80 seated guests can be accommodated—advance arrangements must be made that may include an event tent and portable toilets.
Please contact the Sanctuary for additional information and to schedule a site visit.
Rates & Fees
The following information applies to rental of the Field Station, Allens Neck, and the Stone Barn. You must be a Mass Audubon member to rent any facility at Allens Pond. Not a member? Join today!
Please ensure that you've reviewed all of our policies and requirements before contacting us about scheduling your event.
Private Events (excludes weddings)
- $500 minimum for a five-hour rental
- Additional time is priced at $100/hour
This rate includes site mowing; designated event parking; cleaning; custodial care; nature engagement activity; use of the kitchen; use of all available tables, chairs; and use of a screen and projector.
Site rental fees are offered at a 50% discount—or equivalent in-kind support—to qualified non-profit groups. You must provide proof of non-profit status at the time of rental.