Allens Pond Duck Derby - Official Rules & Regulations
- Once the ducks are launched they are on their own, except that the race committee reserves the right to free them if caught on the banks or other channel impediments.
- Winners will be identified by the number marked on the ducks that cross the finish line first. Each numbered duck is randomly assigned to an entry in the race.
- Decisions of the judges stationed at the finish line will be final. Mass Audubon employees and members of the Allens Pond Duck Derby Race Committee will not be eligible to win.
- Winners will be notified by telephone, email, or U.S. mail with redemption certificates enclosed. Winners will be instructed on method of claiming prize but such claim is the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Winners should redeem prizes within one year unless otherwise specified.
- It is not necessary for "sponsors" of winning ducks to attend the race or any race events.
- Names of winners will be published on the Mass Audubon website and in local newspapers.
The 2023 Grand Prizes are subject to the following—Grand Prize winners must be at least 18 years of age.
- $5,000 cash
- Any variations of the above will be the responsibility of, and at the expense of, the winners.
- All arrangements required for prizes will be made by an agent of Allens Pond Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Any prize, other than the Grand Prizes, may be transferred to a person or persons of the prize winner's choice. Grand Prizes may not be sold, transferred or assigned. Any tax liability that might be incurred as a result of winning any prize is the responsibility of the prize winner.
- There will be no cash equivalent prizes in lieu of designated non-cash prizes.
- The race is being supervised by Allens Pond Wildlife Sanctuary and is for the sole benefit of supporting Mass Audubon's work.