Bird-a-thon Incentives, Trophies, & Prizes
Trophy awarded to the team that records the greatest number of species during Bird-a-thon according to the Official Bird-a-thon Rules.
Trophy awarded to the 2nd place team for most species recorded according to the Official Bird-a-thon Rules.
Trophy awarded to 1st place team according to the County Cup Rules.
Trophy awarded to the team that raises the most money.
The $ Cup
Trophy awarded to the 2nd place team for the most money raised.
Statewide Migration Award
Trophy awarded to the team that shows the greatest percentage increase in fundraising total from the previous year. Includes a Mass Audubon-funded pizza or ice cream party. New teams are not eligible.
Regional Migration Awards
The teams (one in each region) that show the greatest percentage increase in fundraising totals from the previous year. Does not include the winner of the Statewide Migration Award.
- Prize: Mass Audubon-funded team celebration event such as a pizza or ice cream party for each of the three teams.
Statewide Top Individual Fundraiser
The individual participant—non-staff—who raises the most money across the state.
- Prize: A signed, framed, and matted 8 x 10 custom digital illustration of your bird of choice by Mass Audubon graphic designer and artist Kristin Foresto; OR a day of birding with Wayne Petersen, Mass Audubon Director of Important Bird Areas.
Any individual participant who raises over $500.
- Prize: An invitation to attend one of two birding outings with a star birder and a member of the Mass Audubon leadership team; name listed in the Bird-a-thon Honor Roll of Winners on the Mass Audubon website.
Regional Top Individual Fundraisers
The individual participants (one in each region)—non-staff—who raise the most money for his/her team. Must raise at least $250. Does not include Statewide Top Fundraiser.
- Prize: A Mass Audubon gift card for use in our gift shops or towards programs fees.
Any participant under 18 who raises $200 or more.
- Prize: Changes each year.
Any individual participant who raises at least $100.
- Prize: A keepsake Bird-a-thon t-shirt with a complete Massachusetts bird checklist on the back! Team member’s choice of unisex scoop neck style or women's v-neck style.