12th Annual Statewide Volunteer Day
Saturday, April 28, 2018
Got the winter blues? We’ve got the cure: plan now to participate in Mass Audubon’s Statewide Volunteer Day on Saturday, April 28!
Spend the morning helping one of 17 wildlife sanctuaries get a jump on spring cleaning while you reconnect with nature. Come alone, bring your family, or invite a groups of friends to join you. As always, we’ll have a variety of projects suitable for all ages at sites across Massachusetts (listed below).
To get a preview of what’s in store, view the 2017 photo slideshow and see how much we accomplished last year!
2018 Participating Sanctuaries
- Canoe Meadows Wildlife Sanctuary, Pittsfield
Cape Cod and the Islands
- Felix Neck Wildlife Sanctuary, Edgartown
- Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, South Wellfleet
- Broad Meadow Brook Conservation Center and Wildlife Sanctuary, Worcester
Connecticut River Valley
- Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuary, Northampton
- Laughing Brook Wildlife Sanctuary, Hampden
- Blue Hills Trailside Museum, Milton
- Boston Nature Center and Wildlife Sanctuary, Mattapan
- Habitat Education Center and Wildlife Sanctuary, Belmont
- Museum of American Bird Art, Canton
Sponsored by Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary
- Cedar Pond, Wenham
- Endicott Wildlife Sanctuary, Wenham
- Nahant Thicket Wildlife Sanctuary, Nahant
South of Boston
- Allens Pond Wildlife Sanctuary (Stone Barn Farm), Dartmouth
- Oak Knoll Wildlife Sanctuary, Attleboro
- South Shore Wildlife Sanctuaries, Marshfield
- Tidmarsh Wildlife Sanctuary, Plymouth
Statewide Volunteer Day is an annual event. Find more more volunteer opportunities and other ways to get engaged with nature across the state and throughout the year.