Volunteer Maintenance Summer Worker - Headquarters
Perform a small variety of maintenance duties for assigned buildings and grounds on the Headquarters campus. Perform tasks necessary to ensure smooth and safe daily operations. This position will have access to a Gem Car for better access to the various buildings.
1. Maintain buildings (80% of workload):
- Scrape, prime, and paint interior and exterior surfaces
2. Maintain grounds and property (20% of workload):
- Mow, rake, trim lawns and trees, and maintain trails
- Assist with grounds cleanup and landscaping
- Work on special projects
- Moderate painting and basic maintenance skills. Valid Massachusetts driver's license.
- Ability to carry out routine interior/exterior painting with attention to detail and care.
- A demonstrated ability to work well independently in close proximity to other staff and volunteers and to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion.
- Requires successful completion of a CORI/SORI background check and driver record check.
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to talk, hear, sit, stand, walk, and run. Routinely the employee is required to bend/stoop, crawl/kneel, carry, reach, push/pull, walk over uneven terrain, climb ladders, and lift up to 25 lbs. Employee is required to apply significant manual dexterity in combination with eye-hand coordination, such as in the operation of manually controlled equipment, power tools, etc. Occasionally the employee is required to review non-written materials for general observation purposes and for analytical, detailed purposes. Occasionally it is necessary for the employee to differentiate between colors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Usually, work is performed within a typical indoor office setting. Occasionally, work is performed outdoors with exposure to weather/temperature extremes and extended periods of traversing uneven terrain. Reasonable precautions will be taken when temperatures exceed comfortable working conditions.
Tools and Equipment Used
The employee is required to operate manually controlled tools (e.g., screwdriver, wrench, paintbrush). Requires the use of two-way radios for communication with other staff and proper use of the Gem Car vehicle.
How to Apply
Please call at 781-259-2185, or email: