Trail Steward - Tidmarsh
Location: Plymouth, MA
Do you love Tidmarsh and like to walk the property frequently? If so, join us as a trail steward volunteer. There is constructive meaningful work for many people of any ability or inclination.
- Walk the trails on a regular basis, take notes and report changes to the property including potentially hazardous or unpleasant trail conditions (storm damage, trash, tracks)
- Replenish trail map outreach materials as needed
- Document seasonal changes (i.e. make field notes, take photos)
- Opportunity to maintain trails and signage as well as build future trail expansion
- Carpentry skills welcome.
- Enjoy walking the trails and want to get more involved with the sanctuary
- Observant and like to take notes of changes to places
- Enjoy working with others outdoors in different weather conditions
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Training and guidance will be provided to volunteers.
- All volunteers need to pass a background records check (CORI and SORI)
How to Apply
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mass Audubon is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. Mass Audubon prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.