Nature Center Docent
The nature center at the Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary is a showcase for natural history and environmental protection and conservation. A LEED-certified building with a recently renovated exhibit hall, the nature center is the hub of an experience enjoyed by 50,000 visitors every year. The Nature Center Docent is a bridge between visitors and the sanctuary. Docents will work primarily in the exhibit hall, facilitating learning and guiding visitors on their journeys of discovery. With a mix of live exhibits, artifacts, and digital content, the exhibit hall strives to be state-of-the-art while retaining the friendly, organic feel of the original sanctuary. Our docents will enhance the visitor experience by engaging visitors, answering questions, and stimulating curiosity and imagination.
- Engage visitors in the exhibit hall and orient them to the sanctuary.
- Keep track of exhibit hall educational materials.
- Attend Nature Center Docent training sessions.
- Pleasant and affable with good oral communication skills.
- Flexible and creative customer engagement of diverse range of visitors.
- Able to work cooperatively and independently.
- No formal training or experience is required to become a Nature Center Docent. Training will be provided.
- The nature center gets very busy during the summer.
- Must be able to stand for an extended period of time.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- All volunteers must pass a background check (CORI and SORI).
How to Apply
Please send email to Christopher Green at:
Or call directly at 508-349-2615 ext. 6101
PO Box 236 / 291 State Highway, Route 6
South Wellfleet MA 02663