Marine Life Cruise Volunteer
As a data volunteer aboard the Albatross fishing vessel (out of Sesuit Harbor in East Dennis), you will be solely responsible for tallying all organisms brought on board during a Marine Life Cruise as well as recording various other data. During the cruise, a lead naturalist (Mass Audubon staff) will be working with school groups or mixed-aged public groups, and educating them about the marine life collected from various fish pots and nets. The data volunteer will work closely with the lead naturalist and the captain of the Albatross to fill out all portions of a data sheet (species occurrence, weather, lat/long position, etc.).
- Record data on a paper datasheet.
- Pleasant and affable with good oral communication skills.
- Flexible and creative customer engagement of diverse range of visitors.
- Able to work cooperatively and independently.
- All volunteers must pass a background check (CORI and SORI).
- No formal training or experience is required to become a Marine Life Cruise Volunteer. Training will be provided.
- Knowledge of marine invertebrates is helpful.
- Must be able to stand for an extended period of time.
- Must be 18 years or older.
How to Apply
Phone number: 508-349-2615 x6101
PO Box 236 / 291 State Highway, Route 6
South Wellfleet MA 02663