Admissions and Gift Shop Volunteer
As an Admissions and Gift Shop Volunteer, you will often be the face of the Sanctuary for newly arriving the visitors. This is a wonderful opportunity to meet people and share interests in nature. Front desk shifts are four hours long. Training is provided.
- Welcome visitors and collect admission fees.
- Describe Sanctuary trails and facilities.
- Handle gift shop sales.
- Operate computer-based cash registers.
- Answer questions.
- ‘Sell’ Mass Audubon and Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Process new and renewal membership transactions.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Able to work cooperatively and independently.
- The admission desk can be very busy, especially in season.
- Ability to multitask is a plus.
- Busy shifts can require prolonged periods of standing.
- Mass Audubon staff are always available to assist and provide support as needed.
- Volunteers will need to pass a background record check (CORI and SORI).
Shifts: Morning – 8:30 AM to 12:45 PM; Afternoon – 12:45 to 5:00 PM.
Additional shifts from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM during the summer.
How to Apply
Please call 508-349-2615, extension 6113 or send an email to:
PO Box 236 / 291 State Highway, Route 6
South Wellfleet MA 02663