Barbara J. Walker Butterfly Festival - August 10
Published: July 23, 2011
6th Annual Barbara J. Walker
Butterfly Festival at Broad Meadow Brook
Saturday, August 10, 2013
(raindate August 11)
Fee: $5/person (ages 3 and above); $4 Mass Audubon members; $20 maximum per family.
Enjoy educational fun for all ages at the 6th Annual Barbara J. Walker Butterfly Festival at Broad Meadow Brook, where butterflies fly free in their natural habitats. The day’s activities include naturalist-led walks, live caterpillars, butterfly art, face painting, children’s activities, butterfly garden tours and observation stations, butterfly plant sales, vendors, music, food, and much more. Come in costume and get a prize!
Highlight this year: Sam Jaffe is back with his amazing live caterpillar show, all day in the program room.
Check back for updates and details as we get closer to the date!
5th Annual Barbara J. Walker Butterfly Festival at Broad Meadow Brook -
August 11, 2012 RECAP
Rain showers did not dampen the spirits of butterfly enthusiasts at the 5th Annual Barbara J. Walker Butterfly Festival. Festival goers enjoyed:
- Renowned storyteller, Diane Edgecomb’s performances of her new Insect Comedy
- Educational displays from the Mass Butterfly Club on how to find, attract, and enjoy butterflies.
- Butterfly Art from Mark Rainey and Bruce deGraaf
- Butterfly Photography Walking Workshop For Everyone
- A Place for Birds StoryWalk™
- John Schlicte’s nature photos and gifts
- Nature-themed jewelry from Turessa Botanicals Designs
- Free Henna and face painting
- Yummy Food from the AwayCafe
- Butterfly Storytimes
- Butterfly walks, milkweed planting, live caterpillars, children’s crafts, garden tours, raffles, scavenger hunts . . .
And much more!
Butterfly Festival 2011 Recap
Butterfly Festival 2010 Recap