A Simple Step to Save Energy, Save Birds, Save Money and Protect Our Climate!
Lights Out Boston is a partnership between the City of Boston, Mass Audubon and leading building owners and managers in Boston.
Lights Out participating buildings will:
- Dim or extinguish internal lighting between 11pm and 5am
- Extinguish decorative architectural lighting between 11pm and 5am
Turning out lights overnight will:
- Save birds, especially during spring (March 1 - June 1) and fall (August 15 - October 31) migration periods
- Save energy and reduce the heat-trapping gases that contribute to climate change
- Save money on electricity costs
Visit our partner site, City of Boston Lights Out.
Interested in partnering with Mass Audubon to bring the Lights Out program to your city (Northeast region)? Please contact us.