Nature & Wildlife
In Massachusetts, each season presents new and exciting opportunities to explore and understand our ever-changing landscape and its inhabitants. Here you can find information about commonly encountered wildlife and invasive plants. Want to learn more? Sign up for an upcoming program.
What's Happening Now? - Summer
What's Happening Now?
- Finding baby birds
- Helping injured birds
- Birds flying into windows
- Bird nest situations
- Birds in chimneys
- Finding duck nests in enclosed areas
- Birds singing at night
- Spotting insect-like hummingbird
- Finding birds in pools
- Encountering sick birds
- Skunks spraying and making dens
- Groundhogs (woodchucks) in gardens
- Turtles crossing the road
- Bears at bird feeders (Western Mass)
- Bats inside homes
- Snake encounters
- Bees and wasps
- Carpenter ants inside homes
- Tick and Lyme Disease prevention
- Butterflies fluttering
Every day brings new wonders. What does Mother Nature have in store for us in the coming weeks? Find out everything from the phases of the moon to wildlife happenings in our Outdoor Almanac.
Common Spring & Summer Birds - Fall
Common Spring & Summer Birds
Spring and summer are great seasons to go birding! Learn more about warm weather birds found in Massachusetts.
Mass Audubon's wildlife sanctuaries offer a wide variety of programs. Whether you're new to nature or an outdoors aficionado, there's something for everyone. Find a Program