Moose Hill CSA Shareholder Details
The Moose Hill Community Farm CSA runs for approximately 18 weeks beginning in early June.
There are two options for the CSA
- Regular Share. Feeds 2 vegetarian adults or a family of 4 with vegetables as a modest part of the diet.*
- Super Share. Feeds 3-4 vegetarian adults or a family of 4 who really love vegetables.*
In addition to our vegetable share we also offer:
- Fresh, local, egg shares from free-running chickens for 16 weeks from Chip-in Farm in Bedford.
- Fresh, sustainably-caught fish from Cape Ann Fresh Catch in Gloucester. The boats go out each morning, and the fish arrives at Moose Hill that afternoon. Shares are purchased directly through Cape Ann Fresh Catch.
Pick Up Times and Location
CSA shares are distributed at the Moose Hill Wildlife Sanctuary CSA barn, located on the corner of S. Main Street and Moose Hill Street in Sharon. Shareholders select which day they want to pick up their produce: Monday, Wednesday, or Friday from 4 to 7 pm or Saturday from 10 am to noon.
An important part of our CSA is connecting the community with the land. Each season, we welcome adults and children onto the farm to get their hands dirty helping harvest, weeding, piling rocks, sampling vegetables, and more.
As a way to make this a reality, we ask that each shareholder commit to working at the farm over the course of the season. We have several options available, with slightly varying hours, dependent on the size share you receive and the intensity of the workload. It’s a great way to connect with the farm and the community.
If any of the options listed in Work Hours for Shareholders provides an extreme hardship for you, please contact us at email@example.com before the season starts as we have a limited number of other options available.
* All shareholders must be Mass Audubon members. Not a member yet? Join today.