Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Program
Drumlin Farm offers two CSA programs, one in the summer, and another in the winter. Our CSA provides a mutually beneficial, season-long relationship between the farm and our shareholders. There are many great reasons to join our CSA, including:
- Knowing exactly where you food comes from.
- Getting a season’s worth of sustainable, delicious fruits and vegetables. Learn more about our growing practices.
- Interacting with the farmers and like minded community members.
- Spending time in the fields to assist in the day-to-day operations.
- Learning more about the farm and its food through the Weekly Beet, an email sent directly to our shareholders a few days before each pickup.
- Knowing that you are helping a small, local farm maintain its day-to-day operations.
- Getting a great “return on investment”. We strive to give shareholders 20 percent more than their initial investment.
Each week during the season, shareholders pick up a robust share of sustainably grown and freshly harvested produce. We plant over 120 different crops on 15 acres of land. A share in the height of summer will likely include lettuce, carrots, beets, eggplant, peppers, summer squash, new potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, onions, radishes, herbs, and more. In the fall, shares are brimming with sweet potatoes, winter squash, broccoli, parsnips, kale, and more.
Shareholders may also purchase a Pick-Your-Own (PYO) Share (summer only), a Greens Share (winter only), and special add-on shares with other local farms such as apples, eggs, or cranberries to name just a few. Looking to dig in deeper? Sign up for our Work Share program to reduce the cost of a CSA share.