Drumlin Farm Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Program
Drumlin Farm currently offers two CSA programs, one in the summer, and another in the winter. Our CSA provides a mutually beneficial, season-long relationship between Drumlin Farm and our shareholders. There are many great reasons to join our CSA, including:
- Knowing exactly where your food comes from for an entire season, and feeling confident about the sustainable manner in which it was grown. Learn more about our growing practices and about the crops (see the Harvest Season PDF) you will receive throughout the season.
- Protecting the nature of Massachusetts by supporting our unique way of farming with the health of our adjacent woods, meadows, ponds, and vernal pools firmly in mind. With your support, we are actively stewarding these natural areas for birds and other wildlife.
- Interacting with the farmers and other CSA shareholders; sharing stories, swapping recipes and ideas.
- Learning more about our farm and its food from bi-weekly newsletters sent directly to you via email.
- Getting a great “return on your investment”. We strive to give shareholders 20 percent more than their initial investment; if we have a bumper crop year, we share that with you.
During regular scheduled pickup dates throughout the season, shareholders pick up a robust share of sustainably grown and freshly harvested produce. We plant over 50 different crops on 15 acres of land. A share in the height of summer will likely include lettuce, carrots, beets, eggplant, peppers, summer squash, new potatoes, tomatoes, onions, radishes, herbs, and more. In the fall, shares are brimming with sweet potatoes, winter squash, broccoli, parsnips, kale, and more. During the winter, our root cellar is packed with carrots, beets, potatoes, celery root, parsnips, turnips, rutabaga, storage radishes, and kohlrabi.
Shareholders may also purchase various additions such as a Pick-Your-Own Share (summer), a Pick-Your-Own-Flower Share (summer), a Greens Share (winter), and special add-on shares with other local farms such as apples, eggs, or cranberries to name just a few. Looking to dig in deeper? Sign up for our Work Share program to reduce the cost of a CSA share. Email email@example.com for more information.