Help Us Reach Our Goal!
Bird-a-thon is our annual fundraiser where teams of birders spend 24 hours trying to spot the most species in Massachusetts.
Since the event began 1983, thousands of dedicated supporters and team members have raised more than $2 million to support Mass Audubon’s wildlife sanctuaries and programs across the state.
Bird-a-thon 2014 is over and we have raised nearly $213,000. Please join us next year for Bird-a-thon 2015 on May 15 & 16!!
Keep checking back for updates…and thank you for your support.
And the top winners for 2014 are...
This year’s top prizes for the number of species recorded are:
- Brewster Cup (1st place most species seen) Drumlin Farm, 231 species
- The Forbush Award (2nd place most species seen) Wellfleet Bay 225 species
- Hatheway Cup (1st place money raised) Drumlin Farm, $42,000.00
- The $ Cup (2nd place money raised) Joppa Flats, $28,381.00
- Statewide Migration Award (greatest % increase in fundraising total from the previous year) Wachusett Meadow – with an increase of 92% over last year – Congratulations Wachusett Meadow!
Congratulations to everyone! Well done!
Read the full results to see all of the 2014 winners.
If you haven’t had a chance to make a gift, there is still plenty of time to support Bird-a-ton by making a donation to your favorite sanctuary or program.
We are so grateful to all of you who participated. Whether you were a team leader, team member, fundraiser, or supporter, we appreciate all you did to make our Bird-a-thon so successful!
For more information contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-259-2133