Help Us Reach Our Goal!
Bird-a-thon, our annual fundraiser where teams of birders spend 24 hours trying to spot the most species in Massachusetts, kicked off at 6 pm on May 16.
Since the event began 1983, thousands of dedicated supporters and team members have raised more than $2 million to support Mass Audubon’s wildlife sanctuaries and programs across the state.
And the top winners for 2014 are...
This year’s top prizes for the number of species recorded are:
- Brewster Cup (1st place most species seen) Drumlin Farm, 231 species
- The Forbush Award (2nd place most species seen) Wellfleet Bay 225 species
- Hatheway Cup (1st place money raised) Drumlin Farm, $42,000.00
- The $ Cup (2nd place money raised) Joppa Flats, $28,381.00
- Statewide Migration Award (greatest % increase in fundraising total from the previous year) Wachusett Meadow – with an increase of 92% over last year – Congratulations Wachusett Meadow!
Congratulations to everyone! Well done!
Read the full results to see all of the 2014 winners.
If you haven’t had a chance to make a gift, there is still plenty of time to support Bird-a-ton by making a donation to your favorite sanctuary or program.
We are so grateful to all of you who participated. Whether you were a team leader, team member, fundraiser, or supporter, we appreciate all you did to make our Bird-a-thon so successful!
For more information contact
email@example.com or call 781-259-2133