Wildwood's staff members are the heart and soul of our program. They are carefully selected for their experience with children, leadership abilities, and desire to share their knowledge and love of the outdoors. The unique blend of skills and experiences that staff members bring to Wildwood is instrumental in creating an atmosphere of learning, growing, and fun.
All staff must successfully complete a thorough application process, including a background check, as well as a two-week training program run by Mass Audubon. This program covers natural history, environmental education, youth development, and health and safety procedures and protocols. In addition, all staff receive training in first aid and CPR.
A full-time director and assistant director with extensive experience in environmental education and residential camping manage the day-to-day activities of the camp. Additional staff members include:
- Counselors - some of whom were once campers at Wildwood.
- Teachers and Naturalists - professional educators who teach specific natural history topics.
- Expedition Leaders - trained in outdoor leadership and safety skills, and certified in advanced first aid and CPR.
- Recreation Specialists - professionals certified in areas such as waterfront management, ropes course instruction, and small craft safety.
- Health Care Professionals - registered nurses who provide 24-hour on-site care.
Wildwood also has an on-call camp physician and easy access to the local hospital.
If you would like information on summer employment opportunities with Wildwood, view our jobs page or e-mail email@example.com or call us at 781-259-2183 or 866-MAS-CAMP (toll-free).