Celebrate Your Wedding or Special Event in Style at Habitat
Located just six miles northwest of downtown Boston, the 90-acre wildlife sanctuary Habitat in Belmont offers a unique, intimate setting for weddings, anniversaries, conferences and other special events.
On weekends you can host your occasion at our historic estate, which includes a beautifully maintained formal garden designed by the famed Olmstead Bros. landscape firm and the stately brick 1914 Georgian-style mansion.
For outdoor weddings or events, ceremonies can take place surrounded by huge oaks, elegant birches, and a magnificent katsura tree. Each season brings new splendor: tulips in the early spring, a classic mix of annuals and perennials in summer, and a variety of colorful chrysanthemums come fall.
Festivities can be held on our secluded yet sun-filled lawn, on the blue stone patio under the shade of a wisteria covered pergola, or inside the 750-square-foot living room, complete with a working fireplace, a solarium, wood floors, floor-to-ceiling windows, and an art gallery.
Two smaller rooms nearby are available for a bar and buffet or other purposes. A large kitchen with a commercial-size range is available for use by caterers. Second floor rooms may be used by the wedding party for dressing and preparation.
And what better way to celebrate a special occasion then by knowing that you’re supporting the educational and conservation efforts of Habitat and Mass Audubon, which allow people to connect to nature on a regular basis.
The Fine Print
- The site fee for formal functions is $2,800 for a five hour period, which cannot begin before 11 a.m. or go later than 9 p.m.
- The fee includes tables and chairs.
- A 30 x 40-foot tent can be rented from a designated vendor and set up on the lawn adjacent to the living room and formal gardens (cost is approximately $1,000).
- The maximum capacity for any function is 100 people.
- Rental of the house and grounds is available to Mass Audubon members on weekends and holidays. Not a member? Join today.
Please contact function manager Kim MacLeod at (617) 489-5050 ext. 500, for information on rentals, including available times and dates. See more photos of the facility on our flickr page.